Limestone House is pleased to have so many clubs using our facilities.
If you need a home for your club please contact us.
The Limestone House Music Club presentation on 15th February was Andre Rier with his private Orchestra of 60 players at the Royal Albert Hall, London playing Music by Strauss.
A member of the Group, Mrs Marjorie Trott brought along ‘WWI Songs’ to share with the Group and all the Music was enjoyed by all.
Come along and join us from 10.30am on Monday mornings for an hour.
Contact Limestone House on 01909 724061 to become a member of the Limestone House Music Club. Attendance at the Music Club costs £1 a session
The Limestone House Music Club commenced on Monday, 8th February 2016 from 10.30 to 11.30am. This week a presentation was given to Members of the Music Club by Julie Holling covering :
- The History of Brass Band Instruments and Brass Bands
- Brass Band contesting
- Women in Brass Bands
The members of the Monday Music Club enjoyed the following Music: March: ‘Creswell Crags’: played by the famous Creswell Colliery Band, ‘Oklahoma’ by Rogers and Hammerstein played by Rhodian Brass, Cornet Solo ‘Because’ played by Dave Jones with Rhodian Brass. ‘Homage to Pharoah’ played by Dinnington Colliery Band, ‘Hailstorm’ soloist Mark Wilkinson with Foden’s Brass Band, ‘Procession to the Minster’ from Act II of Wagner’s Lohengrin played by the Grimethorpe Colliery Band.
Music Club Members have requested that the Monday Music Club presentations will run weekly instead of fortnightly so the next Music Club presentation will be on Monday, 15th February from 10.30am to 11.30am in Limestone House. A different ‘theme’ of Music will be presented:
The Sunday Music Club at Limestone House involves:– Coaching Brass Players and Learners, training them to improve their playing on their Brass Band instruments on Sunday mornings, once a fortnight in Limestone House from 10.30 a.m to 12.30p.m These sessions started on 31/1/16 and the next session is on Sunday 14/2/ 16 then once a fortnight . Become a member and join in at Limestone House. The next drop in session is on Sunday 28th February 2016.
Limestone House Clubs include:
- Creswell Guitar Club: meets every two weeks on a Sunday. Contact us for the dates.
- Genealogy Club: meets every Thursday morning from 10.00am to 12.00 noon.
- Luncheon Clubs: part of the ‘Reach out and Bring in’ project, meets on Mondays and Fridays 11.30am to 1.30pm. Transport can be arranged, please contact us if this is required. Please promote this to your friends and neighbours. Check out the Lunch Club Photographs.
- Job Club: a free Drop in Club, meets on Tuesdays from 1.30pm to 3.30pm.
- Knitting Club: meets on Mondays from 10.00am to 12 noon, come and join us.
- Wildlife Group: Please also see the drop down menu to find out how any member of the community can participate by entering observations into a simple form. Pease contact us for more details..