LIMESTONE HOUSE (ELMTON AND CRESWELL VILLAGE COMPANY)
Limestone House (Elmton and Creswell Village Company,) based at the Limestone House Community and Visitors Centre, has now been working for the Community and the Locality for 17 years and became a Charity on 26/2/2009.
WEEKLY OPENING TIMES:Monday to Friday 7am to 4pm
and Saturday morning from 9am to 11.45a.m
Phone: 01909 724061 E mail: email@example.com Registered Office: Limestone House Community and Visitor Centre, 50-54 Elmton Road , Creswell , Worksop , Notts S80 4JE
Limestone House is now on facebook .
Tel: 01909 724061 E mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Registered on15/3/2001 as a Company limited by Guarantee (a Social Enterprise) and formed for the regeneration of this former mining area, which is a deprived area. Elmton and Creswell Village Company became a Charitable Company on 26/2/2009. The Company changed its name on 17/5/17 to Limestone House (Elmton and Creswell Village Company) and the objectives of this charitable company include the relief of poverty, the relief of unemployment, the advancement of education, training or retraining and providing Work Experience. Opening hours are Monday to Friday from 7am to 4.00pm and Saturday 9am to 12noon. We will facilitate Breakfast meetings and open for evenings and Saturdays p.m and Sundays, as required for bookings:- We currently employ 4 Staff and have 23 Volunteers working to support the Community in Limestone House, many gaining Work Experience in the Café, Retail or in Office Admin
Services and Activities provided by Limestone House include:-
The Memory Lane Café; A Varied menu at reasonable prices. We can provide Lunch or Buffets for Groups if given ONE week’s notice. Breakfast Specials £1.90 are available on Monday to Friday from 7am to 9am and Saturday mornings 9am to 11.45am
The Heritage Centre: Current displays include:-’Mining’, The World Wars, The 60’s, The Limestone Journey from the Ice Age to date
Free Access for the Community to Wi Fi and Community Computers,
Free Access to Advisory services every Thursday 1pm to 3.30pm in Room 6,
Recycling: selling donated items in the Charity shops:- upstairs and downstairs at Limestone House (We have a Lift) and Recycling selling donated books in the 2nd hand Book Shop
Free Training through Volunteering or Work Experience also Netherthorpe School, Heritage School and StubbinWood School refer some students for Work Experience to Limestone House. We also train young people over age 14 in Community Work for the Duke of Edinburgh Awards Scheme
On Wednesdays 10am to 12noon: Tutor led Free IT Training and you can write your short story to be included in a Book of Social History. This is funded by the Postcode Lottery Fund, Further funded projects are:- Outreach filming in the locality and taking the Social Isolated out to support local events e.g concerts and Dramas. The cost of the transport is partly funded by the Postcode Lottery Fund.
Music Club on Monday a.m: Music Presentations cost £1 from 10.30 to 12 noon (Room 7/8) before the Luncheon Club. Music Lessons on Keyboard on Saturdays from 9.30a.m and on Sundays: Coaching in Brass Instrument playing for learners and for those who wish to improve their playing, also in Guitar, and Drums on Sundays 9 30a.m to 1 p.m for £2 a lesson. (We aim to have a Music Centre within Limestone House in 2018 so that music lessons for a low price can be extended to learners or players of most Musical Instruments)
Luncheon Clubs on Mondays and Fridays from 12.15pm (Free Community transport available in the Bolsover D.C area)
Fare Share: LH (ECVC) is now a member of Fare Share and Food surpluses are collected from Tesco, Clowne on Thursday evening. This Free food can be collected by members of the Community from Limestone House (on Fridays from 8am)
Genealogy Club: Room Hire: Thursday mornings 10am to 12noon:- (Research your Family Tree)
Wildlife Group: Recording Wild life sightings in the locality in Limestone House and on line:- see Website http://www.limestonehousecreswell.com to report periodically to the DCC Biodiversity Officer
Free Job Club: Drop in: every Tuesday 1.30 to 3.00pm,
Room Hire £8 an hour during opening hours, also opening on evenings as required and from 8am if required as Room 7/8 is ideal for breakfast meetings. The Computer Suite Hire fee is £10 an hour.
‘Connect Creswell’:- Crafts and various health and wellbeing activities ongoing, (Book in at Limestone House) (partnering BDC Public Health and DCC Adult Education). Connecting with other organisations in Creswell: Childrens Centre, Social Centre etc
Various Fundraising activities for the Charity’s sustainability: 100+ Club, Raffles, Concerts etc
Limestone House joined the Super Kitchen project from 13/6/17: Limestone Lunches are provided. This is a home made meal ( dinner and dessert) every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 12noon ( last sitting at 1.30pm) for £2.50
E BAY :-WE SELL FROM OUR E BAY STOCK ON LINE BUT WE ALSO SELL FROM THIS STOCK IN THE FIRST FLOOR CHARITY SHOP AT LIMESTONE HOUSE
LH(ECVC) is not a Self Employed business working for profit, as the status of Limestone House (Elmton and Creswell Village Company )(LHECVC) is a ‘Charitable Company’ and all the income raised for the Community is put back into the many Free Community Activities and Services ,as above as well as for covering expensive overheads at Limestone House. We raise our income through the Café, the Charity Shops, Room Hire, the Second hand Book Shop and Fund raising. The income we raise enables many ‘free’ activities and services in Limestone House, to benefit the Community and the Locality….Julie Holling, Chairman, 12/3/2018
ON 9/3/18 LIMESTONE HOUSE WAS AWARDED: ‘COMMUNITY ORGANISATION OF THE YEAR’BY ELASTIC FM RADIO
TO ALL CARERS:-
- A representative from Limestone House, Creswell attends the Carer’s meeting at the Creswell Social Centre
- THE CARER’S MEETINGS are held on TUESDAYs from 4pm AT THE CRESWELL SOCIAL CENTRE . The Dates of the meetings are as follows:- 24/7/18, 28/8/18, 2/10/18, 6/11/18, 4/12/18
- LIGHT REFRESHMENTS ARE PROVIDED
Limestone House is a Charitable Company working for the benefit of the Community and the Locality, providing services, a meeting place, facilities, activities and opportunities for all ages.
The Charity Number is 1128286
The Company Registration number is 04180608.
The combined skills required of the Board of Trustees include the following:-
- leadership skills
- good communication skills
- having an Empathy and Interest in the Community and with our Charitable Company’s objectives
- taking on routine tasks and be ‘hands on’
- offering their skills
- be interested in the Community and have compassion and understanding and awareness of the effects of poverty and low income
- having time to enable them to do the Trustee role
- honesty, patience and self -discipline
- financial and admin (minute taking ) skills and experience
- Have organisational skills, Managerial Skills
- Being able to do and cope with arising situations
- Having staying power and dedication
- Being a delegatorRespecting confidentiality
- There are still vacancies for more Trustees to join the current Limestone House Board of Trustees: Can you contribute to any of the above skills as a Trustee of the Charity. If so will you join the 7 Trustees and the Special Advisor who make up the current Board. Contact Julie Holling, Chairman of the Board of Trustees since 2005, who will talk you through the Role of a Limestone House Trustee and the objectives of our Charitable Company and invite you to observe at a monthly Board meeting. The Board of Trustees meet in Limestone house on the first Wednesday of each month at 6.30pm
- Phone: 01909 724061 E mail: email@example.com Registered Office: Limestone House. 50-54 Elmton Road , Creswell, Worksop, Notts S80 4JE www.limestonehousecreswell.com
____________________________________________________________________________________________More details about ‘AN EARLY BREAKFAST SPECIAL’ ON MONDAY TO FRIDAY BETWEEN 7a.m to 9a.m as follows AND ON SATURDAYS FROM 9am to 11.45am as follows
FULL ENGLISH BREAKFAST for £1.90 (sausage, bacon, egg, beans or tomatoes, 2 toast)
Mug of Tea = 70p, Coffee = £1.00, Can of pop =80p
- A BACON COB for £1.00, A SAUSAGE COB for £1.20
EXTRAS: e.g. Mushrooms for 30p, Hash browns 30p
- BEANS ON 2 TOAST for 90p POACHED EGG ON 2 TOAST for 90p
- TOASTED TEACAKE for £1.00 CEREALS for 80p
TO ‘TAKE AWAY’ OR ‘EAT IN OUR CAFÉ’
THERE IS PRIVATE CAR PARKING AT THE REAR OF LIMESTONE HOUSE: TURN RIGHT DOWN THE LANE OFF ANN ST AND ENTER THE LIMESTONE HOUSE CAR PARK AT THE REAR.
YOU CAN PHONE THROUGH YOUR ORDER AND COLLECT IT (01909 724061)
OR ORDER YOUR FOOD WHEN YOU ARRIVE
MUSIC LESSONS TAKE PLACE ON SATURDAY AND SUNDAY MORNINGS ..COST £2. for half an hour. KEYBOARD (on Saturday morning), CORNET AND OTHER BRASS BAND INSTRUMENTS, GUITAR, DRUM KIT (on Sunday mornings)…THE MUSIC LESSONS ARE FOR CHILDREN OR ADULTS, FOR LEARNERS OR ANYONE PLAYING AN INSTRUMENT WHO WANTS TO IMPROVE
UPDATE FROM LIMESTONE HOUSE
On Wednesday, 17th May 2017
THE SPECIAL RESOLUTION TO CHANGE THE NAME OF THE COMPANY WAS UNANIMOUSLY ACCEPTED BY THE MEMBERS PRESENT AND THOSE WHO NOMINATED THE CHAIRMAN AS THEIR PROXY. THE NAME OF THE COMPANY IS NOW:
Limestone House (Elmton and Creswell Village Company)
Company Registration Number: 04180608. A Company limited by Guarantee
A Registered Charity: Number 1128286 Telephone 01909 724061 Address of the Company: Limestone House,
50-54 Elmton Rd, Creswell, Worksop, Notts S80 4JE
Tel: 01909 724061
- Room Hire at £8 an hour ideal for Groups, Birthday parties, Business Breakfast Meetings. Café services are available
- Clothes stock in Limestone House Charity Shop has changed.. and all are sold at reasonable prices
- Luncheon Clubs Monday and Friday lunchtimes
- Breakfasts, Bacon or Sausage Cobs, Omelettes, Teacakes and much more choice is available from the Cafe
- Music Lessons on Sunday mornings from 10am to 1pm on Drums and Brass Band instruments:- £2 a lesson
- WE HAVE A LIFT AND WE HAVE WI-FI, THE HERITAGE CENTRE CAFÉ AND A CHARITY SHOP UPSTAIRS AND DOWNSTAIRS
CALL IN AND GRAB A BARGAIN
A Sale is on in Limestone House
The Charity Shop has been extended to the first floor enabling many more really good items to be put out on display to sell.
Visit upstairs at Limestone House to GRAB A BARGAIN.
The Limestone House 100 + Club runs throughout the year. Call in and apply to become a 100+Club member and pay £1 a week to give you a chance to win the Friday weekly draw. In addition there is a Summer Draw (approx £250 Prize or pro rata depending on your joining date) and a Christmas Draw (£572 was the prize for the 2016 Christmas Draw). The 100+ Club is available for anyone over age 16 to join
At Limestone House you will find the Heritage Centre, the Memory Lane Café, Meeting Rooms, Community Computers, Charity Shops, A Computer Suite, and a very warm welcome.
Click on the link for Limestone House Heritage Centre photographs. The Heritage Centre.
Limestone House is the local home for many clubs and groups: Music Club (Music lessons on Sunday morning 9.30am to 1pm and Music presentations from 10.30pm to 12noon on Mondays) Luncheon Clubs, Guitar Club , Wild life club on-line, Genealogy Club, and a Job club. Services provided include help with reading and writing, Advisory service re benefits etc, and Training through Volunteering and Work Experience.
Elmton and Creswell Village Company are now members of Food Share and Tesco give surplus food to this Charity on Thursday evenings so that it can be given to members of the Community, as required. The food can be collected from Limestone House from 10am on Fridays.
Please follow the link to download the Mission Statement MISSION STATEMENT. Please follow the link for details of our Trustees and for details of our Funders and how the money is spent please follow the link. The Money Page