LIMESTONE HOUSE (ELMTON AND CRESWELL VILLAGE COMPANY)
Limestone House (Elmton and Creswell Village Company,) based at the Limestone House Community and Visitors Centre is a Charitable Company’ and has has been working for the Community and the Locality for 20 years and became a Charity on 26/2/2009. Limestone House is registered with Companies House (Registered number = 04180608) also to the Charities Commission (Registered number =1128286)
WEEKLY OPENING TIMES: Monday to Friday 8.30am to 3.45pm
Staff working at Limestone House are:-Sarah Akyol – Co-ordinator of Day to Day Activities, Alice Gillgrass – part time Cook and Marie Atkinson- Assistant to the Cook
Volunteer ‘Trustees/Directors’ of this Charitable Company are: Juliet Holling, Daphne Row, Alison Battiste, Denice Smith, Richard Haigh, Ruth Widdowson, Karen Freeman. Board member James Wells is our Special Advisor.
LIMESTONE HOUSE WELCOMES VOLUNTEERS TO SUPPORT THE WORK IN LIMESTONE HOUSE FOR THE COMMUNITY AND VISITORS AND ALSO WELCOMES VOLUNTEERS WHO WISH TO BECOME A TRUSTEE/ DIRECTOR. CONTACT JULIE HOLLING ON 01909 724061 WHO WILL MEET YOU.
Currently a total of 15 Volunteers , including the Board members, give their time free of charge, to support the Limestone House Business, the Food Bank and other activities we hold in Limestone House to benefit our Community and Visitors
LIMESTONE HOUSE Tel. 01909 724061. 50-54 Elmton Rd, Creswell
YOUR COMMUNITY AND VISITOR CENTRE
1 We have restarted our Friday ‘CHATTERBOX CLUB’ on 23rd July 2021 from 1.30p.m to 3.15p.m. We play Bingo (prizes are food or gifts), Card games etc, have refreshments, and we have a Chat. No need to book in, just come along and spend an afternoon in enjoyable Company.
2 We intend to re-start a Monday or Friday Luncheon Club again shortly. (Dinner and Sweet for £5.25) We will pick you up with Community Transport if you cannot get to Limestone House. You will need to book in for the Luncheon Club.
Phone us on 01909 724061 to book your lunch (and the bus pick up if needed).
THE MISSION STATEMENT of LIMESTONE HOUSE,
(ELMTON & CRESWELL VILLAGE COMPANY)
50-54 ELMTON RD, CRESWELL, S80 4JE Tel 01909 724061
Limestone House (Elmton & Creswell Village Company) is a charitable company and a shining light for regeneration in Elmton and Creswell and the wider locality of this deprived area, delivering excellent and continuing services, community activities and resources which aim to raise the hopes of individuals. Limestone House offers a meeting place to reduce social isolation, improve health and wellbeing, reduce mental health and also offers opportunities to improve ‘Life Skills’ to enhance the quality of life and enable people to gain employment and recreation
WHAT WE DID AT LIMESTONE HOUSE BEFORE LOCKDOWN ON 23/3/2020:
50-54 Elmton Rd, Creswell S80 4JE Telephone 01909 724061
Limestone House is open from 8a.m to 4p.m on Monday to Friday from 9am to 12noon on Saturdays We have a lift and we have a Car Park at the rear.
We work to relieve poverty and relieve unemployment. We provide training and retraining.
‘Subject to funding. ’Training Courses in ‘Emergency 1st Aid, Health and Safety and Food Safety’ are provided. Our annual footfall averages 18,000 people.
1.Our Heritage Centre Café, The Memory Lane Café, has a good choice of food at reasonable prices on their menu.
- Early Breakfast specials for £2.10 from 8am to 9a.m Monday to Friday and on Saturday mornings. Eat in or Take Away
3.We provide Free Access to Wi Fi Computers. Re school closures: Children under 16 can now use them if accompanied by a parent or guardian
- We facilitate Advisory services on Thursday p.m. re Benefits (average. 6 clients a week)
- Recycling donated items in our Limestone House Charity shops and we donate to two other Charities our surplus stock taken from our display if they are not selling
- 2nd hand Book Shop,
Music Club:- Music presentations on Mondays mornings, cost =£1. (average 10 attendees)
- Music lessons for 30 minutes for £3 for young people and adults on Keyboard, Brass Band instruments, Drum kit or Guitar on Saturday and Sunday mornings and weekdays after school. (21 learners pre lockdown)
- Luncheon Clubs Mondays and Fridays 12.15pm (Community Transport provision in the Bolsover District Council area) (average 18 attendees each day) (NOW DELIVERED AND TO OTHERS)
- Connect Creswell for Crafts on Thursday afternoons (averages 15attendees weekly)
- Thanks to Fare Share food we provide Limestone Lunches on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays (dinner and dessert for £2.80) from 12noon to the last sitting at 1.30pm Averages 12 customers each day) AND SOME NOW DELIVERED
- Food surpluses are collected from Tesco, Clowne and these are given away in Limestone House on Fridays (from 8.15a.m). Food surpluses are also collected from Creswell and Whitwell Co-op at times, which can be obtained from Limestone House by the local Community
- Room Hire: Thursdays a.m Genealogy Club:- 8 members
- Early Breakfast meetings are available
- Free Job Club on Tuesday pm
- We provide Work experience in Cafe work, Office Admin work and Retail and Till work in the Charity Shops. Some Job seekers are referred by the Worksop Job Centre for Work Experience. We are registered with the Job Centre to train/mentor disabled Jobseekers
- We train, support and mentor Volunteers in Admin work, Café work and Retail work
- We record sightings of wild life and report to the Wild Life Group who report to DCC
- Children’s activities during some school holidays (averages 10 children each day).
- Weekly Chatterbox Club to support people with Mental Health issues on Fridays 1.30 to 3p.m to have a chat and have a cuppa. This Club is open to all. To date we have played Bingo, Beetle, had Arts and Crafts and had a Music Club presentation as well as a Film Club (averages 15 attendees)We run an Events/Outings Club to support local organisation’s Concerts and Dramas (averages 18 members to Events
- 20. Afternoon Teas are available at a very reasonable price in Limestone House. Celebrate a Birthday or any other Special Occasion with family and/or friends Averages 8 attending randomly as booking)
- Every Wednesday afternoon we facilitate room space and our Heritage Centre facilities to the British Legion so that Ex-Service Personnel can contact them for support.
- We support and befriend the Socially Isolated/Vulnerable
- Fundraising:- the 100+ Club (prizes, a weekly draw, a summer draw, and a Christmas Draw), Raffles, also organise 2 Brass Band concerts a year
Since Lockdown on 23/3/20 Limestone House has been closed down and Volunteers have provided the following services from 2 new projects to our Community
*The Food Bank opened in Limestone House on 14/4/20. Some bags of food are collected, some are delivered: averaging 50 a week. This will continue from re-opening.
*Provision and delivery of cooked lunches on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays to the Socially isolated/Vulnerable from 27/3/20: averaging 20 each day. This will continue from re-opening.
* Limestone House re opened on 8/7/2020. Trustees obtained the Tenancy of the adjoining flat and storeroom at 56 Elmton Rd for 6 months from 1/7/2020 to give space in Limestone House for social distancing for re-opening Limestone House after lockdown, moving the Foodbank from the Café area to Room 6 in Limestone House. The following activities and services have moved from room 6 at Limestone House to 56 to give the required space for social distancing in Limestone House:- Items from the Charity shop are sold on E bay 9 hours a week from 20/7/20 in 56 Elmton Rd and on-line selling will increase in the future. Low cost music lessons, which were in Room 6, now take place in 56 and more learners (adults and children) will be recruited for lessons during each weekday, and Saturday and Sunday a.m. Storage of donations to the Charity shop have now been moved from Limestone House into the Storeroom at 56. On 8/7/2020 Limestone House reopened the Café, the Charity shops (ground and first floor), Takeaways, Book Shop, Advisory services, access to Wi Fi Computers, low cost Limestone Lunches on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays, giving away Surplus Food from Tesco and the Co-op. (Other services, activities and Clubs will re-open gradually from 1/9/2020 when it is safe to do so)
*Batch Food Delivery from week commencing 13/7/2020 linking with Feeding Derbyshire (providing and delivering lunches to 15 people in our Community and locality on each Wednesday)
* Limestone House is also providing school holiday lunches which are collected for school children during the 6 week holidays on Wednesdays for a donation of 50p each. 25 meals a week are provided.
Phone: 01909 724061 E mail: creswell_res_point@yahoo .co .uk
Registered Office: Limestone House. 50-54 Elmton road , Creswell , Worksop , Notts S80 4JE
limestone house is now on facebook WE HAVE A LIFT www.limestonehousecreswell.com
A Company Limited by Guarantee:- Company Registration number 04180608A Charity: Number 1128286 VAT Registration Number:77273261
The 3rd Lockdown began on 5/1/2021. We reopened the Charity shop on 4/5/2021. Payments for purchases in Limestone House from May 2021 can be paid for by Card Reader or by Cash and we fully reopened with Hospitality on 17/5/2021. Some of our activities to reduce Social Isolation are still suspended. During the 3 Lockdowns due to the Pandemic our business has been closed however the Food Bank has remained open Monday to Friday 10am to 2pm and an average of 50 Food bags have been collected or delivered also 51 lunches (dinner and dessert) have continued to be delivered to the Socially Isolated on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays by a Volunteer Trustee throughout.
LIMESTONE HOUSE HAS REGISTERED WITH THE GOVERNMENT’S
EAT IN AND HELP OUT SCHEME
‘THE EAT IN TO HELP OUT’ SCHEME AT LIMESTONE HOUSE
Offers a 50% discount, up to a maximum of £10 per person, to diners for food or non-alcoholic drinks to eat or drink IN LIMESTONE HOUSE
The scheme runs all day, every Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday from 3 to 31 August 2020. There’s no limit to the number of times customers can use the offer during the period of the scheme, and they don’t need to produce a voucher. You can’t get a discount for someone who is not eating or drinking IN LIMESTONE HOUSE.
Changing the topic from lock down-Barbara Kirsop, Elmton has sent a final list of bird species spotted in this locality to May 2020 as below:
Thrush (Song thrush plus chicks)
Sparrow (house and tree)
Woodpecker (greater spotted)
Tits (blue, great, coal, long tailed)
Chaffinch (tapping on two windows in Elmton)
Mallard (plus nest)
Lesser black backed full
__________________________________________________________________________________________LPLEASE NOTE BELOW THAT LIMESTONE HOUSE CLOSED ON 23/3/20 IN LINE WITH THE GOVERNMENT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOCKDOWN ON 20/3/20 and is only opening Mondays and Fridays for the Food bank 10 am to 2 pm and earlier at 8.15 a.m on Friday mornings to give away the surplus food
Up date on: the lunches provided and delivered to the socially isolated
From w/c 20/4/20 18 lunches are provided and delivered each Monday and Friday
Please contact Limestone House if you wish to book a lunch.
We are open from 10am to 2pm Monday to Fridays
Update on : FOODBANK COLLECTIONS
Bags of food collected w/c 22/6/20 were 52 and includes 6 delivered in Creswell
Bags of food collected w/c 15/6/20 were 46 and includes 4 delivered in Creswell
Bags of food collected w/c 8/6/20 were 54 and includes 7 delivered in Creswell
Bags of food collected w/c 1/6/20 were 52 and includes 6 delivered in Creswell
Bags of food collected w/c25/5/20 were 46 and 4 were delivered in Creswell
Bags of food collected w/c18/5/20 were 53 and 2 were delivered 1 in Hodthorpe and 1 in Creswell
Bags of food collected w/c 11/5/20 were 52 and 1 was delivered in Creswell
Bags of food collected w/c 4/5/20 were 47 and 3 were delivered in Creswell
Bags of food collected w/c 27/4/20 were 47 and 4 were delivered in Creswell = 51
Bags of food collected w/c 21/4//20 were 35 and 5 were delivered (4 in Creswell and 1 in Hodthorpe)= 40
I’m sending a HUGE THANKYOU to the Premiership football player Matt Lowton and his wife Abi for the significant donation they have sent to support the Limestone House Foodbank to help our Community. Julie Holling (Chairman)
Re: the Government Lock-down due to the Coronavirus:
UPDATE ON FRIDAY 17/4/2020
We opened the Foodbank at Limestone House on Tuesday 14/4/20 and including today 17/4/20 we have issued food bags to 69 families. (66 collected and 3 delivered). In addition Volunteer Trustees are still delivering 30 dinners. We did this last week as our Co-ordinator volunteered to provide the dinners on Good Friday but we closed Easter Monday. We are including Hodthorpe, Whitwell and Bakestone Moor in the Limestone House Creswell Foodbank services.
UPDATE FROM LIMESTONE HOUSE ON EASTER MONDAY 13/4/2020
THE FIRST DAY OF OPENING OF THE LIMESTONE HOUSE, CRESWELL FOODBANK WILL BE ON EASTER TUESDAY, 14/4/2020 from 10a.m to 2p.m. and the foodbank will also be open from 10a.m to 2p.m this week on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.
FROM NEXT WEEK THE FOODBANK WILL BE OPEN FROM MONDAY TO FRIDAY FROM 10a.m to 2 pm. This Creswell foodbank will serve Creswell, and the surrounding villages Whitwell, Bakestone Moor and Hodthorpe.
THANK YOU FOR THE FUNDING FROM ‘FOUNDATION DERBYSHIRE’ TO SET UP THE LIMESTONE HOUSE FOODBANK
THANK YOU to Councillor Duncan McGregor who has awarded Limestone House £500 to support our work to relieve poverty and our work to support those who are socially isolated/vulnerable due to physical or mental illness, age and the Corona Virus
THANK YOU to Big Local who have awarded Limestone House £520 to sustain the provision of the Monday and Friday lunches which are currently delivered to 17 people on each day.
THANK YOU to a Creswell couple who called in on Good Friday, when the racking was being erected, and donated a lot food for the Foodbank.
THANK YOU to Nigel and Terry Holling who have donated £400. Nigel collected the food today to enable the Foodbank to start tomorrow, as we await news from Fareshare about when their Foodbank food is available for collection
THANK YOU TO OUR Volunteer Trustees, Special Advisor, and the two Staff who are now Volunteering while Limestone House is closed to provide the lunches on Mondays and Fridays and to serve the Foodbank
Anyone who needs support from the Foodbank or the provision of a dinner on Mondays and Fridays please contact Limestone House on 01909 724061 between 10am to 2pm (or MOB 07860473998) and we will do our best to deliver to you if you cannot call in and collect the food due to physical or mental health issues or if you are out of work or social isolated due to the lockdown.
Donations towards the food for the Foodbank will be welcomed. This will support the sustainability of this service at this very difficult time
Julie Holling, Chairman
Phone: 01909 724061 E mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Registered Office: Limestone House Community and Visitor Centre, 50-54 Elmton Road , Creswell , Worksop , Notts S80 4JE Limestone House is now on facebook .
Tel: 01909 724061
Registered on15/3/2001 as a Company limited by Guarantee (a Social Enterprise) and formed for the regeneration of this former mining area, which is a deprived area. Elmton and Creswell Village Company became a Charitable Company on 26/2/2009. The Company changed its name on 17/5/17 to Limestone House (Elmton and Creswell Village Company) and the objectives of this charitable company include the relief of poverty, the relief of unemployment, the advancement of education, training or retraining and providing Work Experience
UPDATE ON 7/4/2020
COOKED LUNCHES WILL BE DELIVERED TO THOSE WHO ARE ISOLATING ON GOOD FRIDAY 10/4/2020.
N.B. LIMESTONE HOUSE IS CLOSED ON EASTER MONDAY SO THE DELIVERIES OF THE COOKED LUNCHES WILL START AGAIN ON
FRIDAY 17th APRIL 2020
UPDATE ON 3/4/2020
LIMESTONE HOUSE HAS BEEN AWARDED A GRANT FROM ‘FOUNDATION DERBYSHIRE’ TO SET UP A FOODBANK IN LIMESTONE HOUSE WHICH WILL OPEN IN THE NEAR FUTURE
The Fareshare Surplus food from Tesco will be collected this evening for people ‘to collect on a Social Distancing basis’ ON FRIDAY MORNING AT 8.15 a.m.
‘THE DOOR AT THE TOP OF THE RAMP TO THE HERITAGE CENTRE WILL BE THE ENTRY ON THE BASIS OF ‘ONE IN ‘ THEN THEY WILL ‘EXIT THROUGH THE REAR DOOR’ THE NEXT PERSON WILL THEN BE ABLE TO ENTER. PLEASE ONLY TAKE ONE BAG FULL. IF YOU ARE ALSO COLLECTING FOR A VULNERABLE PERSON PLEASE TELL SARAH
The Fareshare Surplus food from Tesco, Clowne was collected last night and is now available in Limestone House free of charge. For Social Distancing only one person should enter via the Front Ramp into the Limestone House Heritage Centre and collect their bag of free food then leave through the back door and another person can then enter the front door. Please remember for your safety and for the safety of others to keep two metres apart, at all times, if you queue on the ramp.
Limestone House is closed from 21/3/20 . DINNERS AND A DESSERT will be provided by a Volunteer for those who are isolating. Volunteer Trustees will be delivering on Fridays and Mondays ……as long as you have booked your dinner on 01909 724061
DELIVERIES begin TODAY AT 12.30p.m
UPDATE 20/3/2020 AT 7p.m
THE NEWS FROM THE PRIME MINISTER TONIGHT IS THAT ALL CAFES MUST CLOSE TONIGHT’ This changes the update below given earlier today.
The Limestone House ‘Cafe’ will be closed from tomorrow morning
Lunches will be made by Volunteer for those who are isolating and will be delivered by Trustees as long as they are pre-ordered
The Charity Shop is closed
Julie Holling, Chairman, 20th March 2020
FROM LIMESTONE HOUSE on 20/3/2020 at 2p.m in relation to the effect of the Corona Virus
Limestone House Board of Trustees decided on 18/3/2020 that the services of the Cafe, Benefits Advisor, Charity Shop, access to Wi Fi, training of Volunteers in Retail or Office Admin may continue but will be under review but the majority of the services have been reviewed taking into account the changing situation as reported by the Government and the NHS with regard to the Virus.
Some activities have been suspended as follows: The Music Club , the Music lessons, the Chattterbox Club and the Events Club. No School Holiday activities are arranged for school children in the next School Holidays
The Monday and Friday Luncheon Clubs are closed for the foreseeable future.
The Fundraising Brass Band concert on Sunday 26/4/2020 at the Creswell Events Centre has been postponed until later in the year.
PLEASE PHONE LIMESTONE HOUSE IF YOU NEED ANY SUPPORT OR REQUIRE ANY CLARIFICATION ABOUT THE UPDATE ABOVE on
Julie Holling, Chairman, 20th March 2020
UPDATED NEWS FROM LIMESTONE HOUSE, September 2019….. WHAT WE DO
Our organisation was formed on 25/3/2001 as a Company limited by Guarantee and became a Charity in 2009. We came together in 2001 to work for the regeneration on this former mining locality in the deprived Bolsover District Council. We currently provide the following services and activities for our Community and the Locality:-
1.the Heritage Centre,
2.the Memory Lane Café, providing a varied menu at a reasonable price and cheap breakfasts for £2.10 from 8am to 9a.m from Monday to Friday and Saturday mornings from 9a,m to 11.45am
3.access to Wi fi and Community Computers,
4.a weekly Job Club,
5. a Wild life Group,
6. a free room weekly for Advisory Services
7. Recycling in our ground floor and 1st Floor charity Shops
8. A second hand book shop.
9. We train in Retail work, Café work and Office admin work through Work Experience and Volunteering.
10.We train students in Community work as referred by Stubbin Wood School and the local High schools also for the Duke of Edinburgh Scheme.
11.We train in Skills for work, subject to funding. (free Emergency 1st Aid Course on 24/9/19)
12.We provide Music lessons on Saturday and Sunday mornings, for £2 for a 30 minute lesson, on Keyboard or Brass Band instruments or Drum Kit or Guitar and these are ongoing to young people and adults. (currently 21 learners are having music lessons)
13. Music presentations take place on Monday mornings for health and well being and to relieve social isolation.
14. We provide Luncheon Clubs on Mondays and Fridays (with Community transport collecting and returning the socially isolated within the BDC area).
15. As members of Fareshare we provide cheap ‘Limestone Lunches’ (dinner and a sweet for £2.80) on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays
16. we collect surplus food from Clowne Tesco on Thursday evenings and give it away on Fridays to members of the Community.
17. We run the Chatterbox Club on Friday p.m for health and wellbeing and to relieve social isolation
18. We provide room hire at a reasonable price to the Genealogy Club and others.
19. We provide some school holiday activities for children .
20. We Fundraise for our Charity through organising Concerts, our 100+ Club and raffles. We always offer transport and places at our Christmas concert in Creswell to some residents of the Autumn Grange Nursing Home
21. We have started an ‘events/outings’ group to take the socially isolated out to support local concerts and dramas such as the Bolsover amateur dramatics, Brass Band concerts, Staveley Harlequin Productions etc
22. We provide assistance to ‘distressed families’ who have moved into Creswell as referred by the Creswell Infant School
23. We give support for Reading and Writing
24. Thanks to funding from the Postcode Lottery Community Fund we have had a book published with stories told by some Elmton and Creswell residents about Memories of Village Life in Creswell and Elmton and we have produced a DVD ’Past, Present and Future’
25 We employ 4 local people in Limestone House. A Co-ordinator of Day to Day Activities, A Cook, An Assistant to the Cook a Cleaner. We have 21 Volunteers including the Trustees
26. We support people in need if we are able to and refer them to professional advisors as required
27.Our Board consists of 8 Trustees and 1 Special Advisor
NEWS FROM LIMESTONE HOUSE, CRESWELL ON 23/5/19
Limestone House is a Charitable Company which aims to relieve poverty and unemployment and provides Community Activities and Services including:
the Memory Lane Café has a varied menu (all at reasonable prices). Full English Breakfasts’ are reduced in cost, only £2.00, from 8a.m to 9a.m on Monday to Friday and Saturday mornings from 9a.m to 11.45a.m. In addition, Limestone House provides the Heritage Centre, Job Club, Monday Music Club (cost £1), Music Lessons (cost £2 for half an hour on Keyboard, or Guitar, or Brass Band Instruments or Drum kit), Genealogy Club, Luncheon Clubs on Mondays and Fridays with free transport to and from home. Limestone Lunches on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays (dinner and dessert for £2.70), Derbyshire Unemployed Workers Advisory services give advice in Room 6 every Thursday from 1pm to 3pm
Charity shops (re-cycling), a 2nd hand bookshop, a meeting place, Training through Work Experience and Volunteering, Room Hire, (including Breakfast Meetings), Free access to Wi-Fi computers, Craft sessions, Fundraising, some School Holiday activities for school children, the Chatterbox Club on Fridays from 1.30pm to 3pm. Fare Share food, donated by Tesco, is collected and given away every Friday from 8 a.m. The Creswell Co-op also donates food to Limestone House which is collected by members of the Community. Four Creswell residents are in part time employment in Limestone House and we currently have 16 Volunteers giving their time to work for our Community in Limestone House. Tables and chairs for 16 customers are provided at the rear of the building if their preference is to eat outdoors.
Opening hours Monday to Friday 7a.m to 4p.m and 9a.m to 12noon on Saturdays
http://www.limestonehousecreswell WE HAVE A LIFT We are also on facebook
Phone: 01909 724061 E mail: email@example.com
Registered Office: Limestone House.
A Company Limited by Guarantee: Company Registration number 04180608
A Charity: Number 1128286
LH(ECVC) is not a Self Employed business working for profit, as the status of Limestone House (Elmton and Creswell Village Company )(LHECVC) is a ‘Charitable Company’ and all the income raised for the Community is put back into the many Free Community Activities and Services ,as above as well as for covering expensive overheads at Limestone House. We raise our income through the Café, the Charity Shops, Room Hire, the Second hand Book Shop and Fund raising. The income we raise enables many ‘free’ activities and services in Limestone House, to benefit the Community and the Locality….Julie Holling, Chairman, 12/3/2018
ON 9/3/18 LIMESTONE HOUSE WAS AWARDED: ‘COMMUNITY ORGANISATION OF THE YEAR’BY ELASTIC FM RADIO
TO ALL CARERS:-
- A representative from Limestone House, Creswell attends the Carer’s meeting at the Creswell Social Centre
- THE CARER’S MEETINGS are held on TUESDAYs from 4pm AT THE CRESWELL SOCIAL CENTRE . The Dates of the meetings are as follows:- 24/7/18, 28/8/18, 2/10/18, 6/11/18, 4/12/18
- LIGHT REFRESHMENTS ARE PROVIDED
Limestone House is a Charitable Company working for the benefit of the Community and the Locality, providing services, a meeting place, facilities, activities and opportunities for all ages.
The Charity Number is 1128286
The Company Registration number is 04180608.
The combined skills required of the Board of Trustees include the following:-
- leadership skills
- good communication skills
- having an Empathy and Interest in the Community and with our Charitable Company’s objectives
- taking on routine tasks and be ‘hands on’
- offering their skills
- be interested in the Community and have compassion and understanding and awareness of the effects of poverty and low income
- having time to enable them to do the Trustee role
- honesty, patience and self -discipline
- financial and admin (minute taking ) skills and experience
- Have organisational skills, Managerial Skills
- Being able to do and cope with arising situations
- Having staying power and dedication
- Being a delegatorRespecting confidentiality
- There are still vacancies for more Trustees to join the current Limestone House Board of Trustees: Can you contribute to any of the above skills as a Trustee of the Charity. If so will you join the 7 Trustees and the Special Advisor who make up the current Board. Contact Julie Holling, Chairman of the Board of Trustees since 2005, who will talk you through the Role of a Limestone House Trustee and the objectives of our Charitable Company and invite you to observe at a monthly Board meeting. The Board of Trustees meet in Limestone House on the first Wednesday of each month at 6.30pm
- Phone: 01909 724061 E mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Registered Office: Limestone House. 50-54 Elmton Road , Creswell, Worksop, Notts S80 4JE www.limestonehousecreswell.com
____________________________________________________________________________________________More details about ‘AN EARLY BREAKFAST SPECIAL’ ON MONDAY TO FRIDAY BETWEEN 7a.m to 9a.m as follows AND ON SATURDAYS FROM 9am to 11.45am as follows
FULL ENGLISH BREAKFAST for £1.90 (sausage, bacon, egg, beans or tomatoes, 2 toast)
Mug of Tea = 70p, Coffee = £1.00, Can of pop =80p
- A BACON COB for £1.00, A SAUSAGE COB for £1.20
EXTRAS: e.g. Mushrooms for 30p, Hash browns 30p
- BEANS ON 2 TOAST for 90p POACHED EGG ON 2 TOAST for 90p
- TOASTED TEACAKE for £1.00 CEREALS for 80p
TO ‘TAKE AWAY’ OR ‘EAT IN OUR CAFÉ’
THERE IS PRIVATE CAR PARKING AT THE REAR OF LIMESTONE HOUSE: TURN RIGHT DOWN THE LANE OFF ANN ST AND ENTER THE LIMESTONE HOUSE CAR PARK AT THE REAR.
YOU CAN PHONE THROUGH YOUR ORDER AND COLLECT IT (01909 724061)
OR ORDER YOUR FOOD WHEN YOU ARRIVE
MUSIC LESSONS TAKE PLACE ON SATURDAY AND SUNDAY MORNINGS ..COST £2. for half an hour. KEYBOARD (on Saturday morning), CORNET AND OTHER BRASS BAND INSTRUMENTS, GUITAR, DRUM KIT (on Sunday mornings)…THE MUSIC LESSONS ARE FOR CHILDREN OR ADULTS, FOR LEARNERS OR ANYONE PLAYING AN INSTRUMENT WHO WANTS TO IMPROVE
UPDATE FROM LIMESTONE HOUSE
On Wednesday, 17th May 2017
THE SPECIAL RESOLUTION TO CHANGE THE NAME OF THE COMPANY WAS UNANIMOUSLY ACCEPTED BY THE MEMBERS PRESENT AND THOSE WHO NOMINATED THE CHAIRMAN AS THEIR PROXY. THE NAME OF THE COMPANY IS NOW:
Limestone House (Elmton and Creswell Village Company)
Company Registration Number: 04180608. A Company limited by Guarantee
A Registered Charity: Number 1128286 Telephone 01909 724061 Address of the Company: Limestone House,
50-54 Elmton Rd, Creswell, Worksop, Notts S80 4JE
Tel: 01909 724061
- Room Hire at £8 an hour ideal for Groups, Birthday parties, Business Breakfast Meetings. Café services are available
- Clothes stock in Limestone House Charity Shop has changed.. and all are sold at reasonable prices
- Luncheon Clubs Monday and Friday lunchtimes
- Breakfasts, Bacon or Sausage Cobs, Omelettes, Teacakes and much more choice is available from the Cafe
- Music Lessons on Sunday mornings from 10am to 1pm on Drums and Brass Band instruments:- £2 a lesson
- WE HAVE A LIFT AND WE HAVE WI-FI, THE HERITAGE CENTRE CAFÉ AND A CHARITY SHOP UPSTAIRS AND DOWNSTAIRS
CALL IN AND GRAB A BARGAIN
A Sale is on in Limestone House
The Charity Shop has been extended to the first floor enabling many more really good items to be put out on display to sell.
Visit upstairs at Limestone House to GRAB A BARGAIN.
The Limestone House 100 + Club runs throughout the year. Call in and apply to become a 100+Club member and pay £1 a week to give you a chance to win the Friday weekly draw. In addition there is a Summer Draw (approx £250 Prize or pro rata depending on your joining date) and a Christmas Draw (£572 was the prize for the 2016 Christmas Draw). The 100+ Club is available for anyone over age 16 to join
At Limestone House you will find the Heritage Centre, the Memory Lane Café, Meeting Rooms, Community Computers, Charity Shops, A Computer Suite, and a very warm welcome.
Click on the link for Limestone House Heritage Centre photographs. The Heritage Centre.
Limestone House is the local home for many clubs and groups: Music Club (Music lessons on Sunday morning 9.30am to 1pm and Music presentations from 10.30pm to 12noon on Mondays) Luncheon Clubs, Guitar Club , Wild life club on-line, Genealogy Club, and a Job club. Services provided include help with reading and writing, Advisory service re benefits etc, and Training through Volunteerin/g and Work Experience.
Elmton and Creswell Village Company are now members of Food Share and Tesco give surplus food to this Charity on Thursday evenings so that it can be given to mem
bers of the Community, as required. The food can be collected from Limestone House from 10am on Fridays.
Please follow the link to download the Mission Statement MISSION STATEMENT. Please follow the link for details of our Trustees and for details of our Funders and how the money is spent please follow the link. The Money Page